out & about
Cafés & delis
• Larssons - Coffee bar & creperie, cosy and friendly. Buller St, Looe PL13 1AS
• Lazy Jack's Kitchen - Take-away cafe and sandwich bar. 4a Webb St, Fowey PL23 1AP
• Pinky Murphy's - Relaxed surf-styled cafe. 19 North St, Fowey PL23 1DB
• Fowey Hall - Child-friendly grand house with commanding views, great for cream teas. Hanson Drive, Fowey, PL23 1ET
• Talland Bay Hotel - Outside terrace with stunning views for cream tea. Between Looe and Polperro, PL13 2JB
• Talland Bay Beach Café - Sandwiches, cakes & ice cream overlooking the beach, seasonal opening. PL13 2JA
• Dwelling House - Georgian town house in central Fowey, great cakes & lunches. 6 Fore St, Fowey PL23 1AQ
• Duchy of Cornwall Café - Cakes, coffee, lunch & stunning views of Restormel Castle. Cott Rd, near Lostwithiel, PL22 0HW
• Calogero's - Italian-influenced bistro serving coffee, breakfasts, lunch & dinner. 35 Fore St, Lostwithiel PL22 0BN.
• The Tubestation - laid-back surf café, warm welcome, good coffee, lunches & cake. Trebetherick Hill, Polzeath, PL27 6TB.
• Strong Adolfo's - Fantastic road-side cafe en route to north coast. Hawksfield, Atlantic Highway, Wadebridge PL27 7LR.
Restaurants (advance booking highly recommended)
• Trawlers on the Quay - Seafood dishes with fresh local produce. The Quay, East Looe, PL13 1AH
• Ocean & Earth Thai - Fresh, authentic Thai food. Higher Market St, East Looe, PL13 1BP
• Trewithen - Cosy interior, fresh local produce & friendly welcome. 3 Fore St, Lostwithiel PL22 0BP
• Asquiths - Delicious, simple menu sourcing fantastic local produce. 19 North St, Lostwithiel PL22 0EF
• Sam's - Casual, 60's style decor, bustling venue with evening buzz. Fresh fish, burgers, salads. 20 Fore St, Fowey PL23 1AQ
• Sam's on the Beach - Fresh fish, pizzas, pastas, salads, child friendly. Located right on the beach at Polkerris (between Fowey and Par) in converted RNLI lifeboat station
• Surfside - Lunch & dinner with stunning views from the beach, open seasonally. On the Beach, Polzeath PL27 6TB
• Fifteen Cornwall - Seasonal Italian dishes with a Cornish twist & incredible views of the surf. Watergate Bay, TR8 4AA
• The Plough - Restaurant in a traditional pub, our closest. Duloe PL14 4PL
• Old Ferry Inn - Great views to Fowey and cosy bar. Bodinnick (towards Fowey) PL23 1LX
• Blue Peter - Small original pub overlooking the harbour, good atmosphere. The Quay, Polperro.
• The Globe - Good for drink pre- or post-restaurants. 3 North St, Lostwithiel PL22 0EG
• Royal Oak - Traditional pub food. Duke St, Lostwithiel PL22 0AG
• The Salutation - Good pub food in central Looe. Fore St, East Looe PL13 1AE
• Rod & Line - Excellent food & atmosphere, good Sunday dinner from 5pm. Church Rd, Tideford PL12 5HW.
• Devonport Inn - Great food, set right on the seafront in the charming village of Kingsand. The Cleave, Kingsand PL10 1NF
• Pelynt Spar - well-stocked small village store, post office & cash point. On B3359 towards Looe, parking at rear. PL13 2JZ
• Quayside Fresh - Fresh fruit, veg, deli items and butcher. Buller Quay, East Looe, PL13 1DX
• Waitrose - handy stop on your journey to Botelet via Plymouth. Near Saltash, PL12 6LD
• Lostwithiel Co-op - Open until 10pm including Sundays. Quay St, Lostwithiel PL22 0BS
• Lostwithiel Farmer's Market - held fortnightly on Fridays 10am - 2pm. The Scout Hut, Lostwithiel.
• Pengelly's Fishmonger - Looe is the second largest fishing port in Cornwall and one of the most important in the UK, supplying to a worldwide market. Pengelly's sells fish straight from the market. Try to shop early or phone your order ahead. There is a Pengelly's on the quay in Looe or Fore St in Liskeard.
• Philip Warren Butcher at Oughs - buy online, delivery to Botelet available. 10 Market St, Liskeard, PL14 3JJ
• Liddicoats Butchers - 11 Fore St, Lostwithiel PL22 0BW
• Kittows Butcher & Deli - 1 South St, Fowey PL23 1AR
• For food deliveries - Tredinnick Farm Shop are a good local company, Riverford delivery on a Thursday, Waitrose, Sainsbury's, Tesco and Asda all deliver to us. For online orders please use postcode PL14 4RD and quote 'Botelet Farm' We can put away fridge-freezer items if a delivery arrives before you, just let us know the approximate time slot.
• Tia Tamblyn - offers therapeutic massage in treatment room at Botelet. Advance booking recommended. email@example.com
• Linda Shabtai - reflexology in your cottage, room, yurt or outside on warm days. firstname.lastname@example.org
• Rachel Fisher - treatments include hot-stone & reflexology, at Botelet, or in Lostwithiel. 07971 007 331
• Horizon Retreats - Bespoke meditation & yoga sessions tailored to your needs, at Botelet. Contact Joey to find out more.
• Riding - Polmartin Stables - just half a mile from Botelet - turn right then right at crossroads, continue past Pelyne farm, Polmartin is down the hill on the right.
• Sea Fishing - Looe - The ultimate fresh fish experience, try mackerel fishing with local fisherman & RNLI Lifeboat Operations Manager, Dave. Rods & life jackets provided. Bring home your catch for the bbq! Contact Dave on 07770 267 155
• Bicycle hire - Cornish Cycle Hire deliver bikes to you at Botelet, or hire a bike from Bridge Bike Hire in Wadebridge and cycle the Camel Trail to Padstow. There are cycle routes across Cornwall to choose from.
• Kayaking trips - Encounter Cornwall offer guided trips exploring the Fowey estuary. Book ahead.
• Siblyback Lake - Rowing, wake boarding, sailing, windsurfing & walks on the edge of the moor.
• Cardinham Woods Cycle & Walking Trails - along with play area and café.
• Surfing - Polzeath (north coast, 45 mins drive) is the nearest & best beach for learning to surf. Hire surf boards, body boards & wetsuits at the beach. Surf lessons available from a range of companies eg Surf's Up Surf School and Wavehunters
• Sterts Theatre - Book a meal at the cafe before watching a show. Near Upton Cross, Liskeard PL14 5AZ
• National Trust - fantsatic range of properties and gardens to visit across Cornwall. Lanhydrock is 15 mins from Botelet, a beautiful late Victorian house with gardens, cycle trail (with bike hire), walks through the parkland, children's playground and café.
• Eden Project - Explore the tropical biomes, education centre and seasonal events such as music gigs through the summer and ice skating in the winter. Bodelva, near St Austell, PL24 2SG
• Lost Gardens of Heligan - 200 acres to explore including Victorian productive gardens, lush subtropical jungle, wildlife projects and much more. Pentewan, St Austell, PL26 6EN
• Camel Valley Vineyard - Take a tour and sample some fantastic wines in a stunning setting. Tours April-October, shop open year round, closed on Sundays. Nanstallon, Bodmin, PL30 5LG
• Cinemas - in Wadebridge (35 mins), St Austell (30 mins), Newquay (40 mins) & Truro (45 mins). We recommend The Regal in Wadebridge. Look out for Sunday film club showings during winter.
• Lostwithiel Film Society - Showing films on the last Monday of every month between September and June, with some special additional screenings.
• Looe Film Society (Cinema by the Sea) - Looe's community cinema. Held at The Community Hall, Looe Children's Centre, Trewint Crescent, Barbican, Looe, PL13 1ET
• Liskeard Film Club - Films shown on the first Friday of each month at the Liskerrett Centre, Varley Lane, Liskeard, PL14 4AP
• Contact Julie at Botelet - 01503 220 225. £8 per hour during the evenings, £10 ph daytime or after midnight.
• 007 Taxis - 01503 273 007
• Scenic Cars - 07790 886 137
• Looe & Pelynt Taxi - 01503 262 405
• Caradon Cabs - 01579 340 007
• Botelet - 01503 220 225
• Accident & Emergency - Derriford Hospital, Derriford Road, Crownhill, Plymouth PL6 8DH. Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. 0845 155 8155 or 01752 202 082
• Minor Injuries Unit - Open 8am - 10pm seven days a week. Clemo Road, Liskeard PL14 3XD 01579 335 600
• NHS Direct - health advice 24 hours a day, 7 days a week Call 111
• Dentist - Emergency dental treatment for unregistered patients is available at Plymouth's Dental Access Centre. 01752 434 664
• Local police - Dial 101
In an emergency dial 999