Get back to nature - glamping at its best, stay in a beautiful rustic yurt on a peaceful farm
With views stretching out towards Fowey and the sea, staying in a yurt at Botelet imbues a sense of relaxation that even the hippest hotel would find hard to match. The Lower Yurt is positioned in its own wild flower orchard, looking out across rolling fields down the valley.
Yurts are sturdy portable tents, traditionally the homes of nomadic tribes in Mongolia. Their shape makes them ergonomically tough to survive the high winds of the plains, making them secure and cosy. They blend into the scenery, enveloping you in the sounds, changing colours, peace and quiet of the outer landscape.
The wood stove gives you the warmth of sitting round a fire and the clear (but covered) skylight a view of the sky day and night. Crafted locally from local oak and ash, the canvas-covered structure sits on a platform raised on poles. The interior is fresh and uncluttered with rustic and contemporary furnishing. A futon bed with thick mattress on wooden floorboards gives the comfort of an extra special bedroom.
• The yurt accommodates two people in one double bed
• Duvet and pillows, bed linen and towels supplied
• Basic kitchen equipment includes electric hob, pots & pans, kettle, stovetop espresso, crockery, cutlery & washing up facilities
• The yurt has electricity including a charging point, radio, lighting, torch and heated blanket on the bed
• Wood from the farm, newspaper, firelighters and matches are provided for the woodburner
• BBQ supplied, please bring charcoal (can be purchased from Pelynt Spar, four miles away)
• Shared hot shower and lavatory outside farmhouse a short walk across field along with fridge/freezer
• Water is pure and natural, pumped from below the orchard. Cold tap near each yurt
• Wireless internet can be accessed near the farmhouse
• Therapeutic massage available in Botelet treatment room
2017 prices - open from Easter to mid September
2 nights = £200 • 3 nights = £270 • 4 nights = £320 • 5 nights = £350 • 6 nights = £390 • 7 nights = £420
Minimum two night stay can be booked online, please enquire about staying for one night only
Pre-book breakfast in the farmhouse during the summer - a healthy mix of non-cooked vegetarian foods that may include organic bread, granola, yogurt, honey, fruits, fresh squeezed orange juice, teas, espresso coffee and seasonal produce. £15 per person. Please contact us to check if available.
for help contact +44 (0)1503 220 225 firstname.lastname@example.org
Botelet PL14 4RD - a special place to stay upstream from Fowey and Lostwithiel Cornwall